Tuesday, May 6, 2014

"It's so awesome to follow Him!!!"

They say nothing is more constant than change, which can be very true. Our lives are constantly changing, which can get us into a rut if we aren't careful. Many fear change because of the unknown. With our hand holding fast to the scriptures and to the Lord, we will find direction, even if the roads ahead appear dark and unknown.

"And according to his faith there was a mighty change wrought in his heart."

"Those that move forward with a happy spirit will find that things will always work out." -Gordon B. Hinckley

This story comes from a woman who is a wonderful example of hope amidst life's changes.

"My boss of 11 years left the Y a few months back. Since then it has been a huge struggle with communication and negativity within our department. I felt like the negativity was a virus just eating away at my soul! My heart was not in the job anymore and I clearly felt God was redirecting me. I kept thinking of the quote "When you do the work of the Father it doesn't drain you, it replenishes you." At the same time I was having horrible joint pain in my wrists, knees and ankles and got horrible red welts on my shins. I researched my symptoms and came to a conclusion AND got the same diagnoses from a Dr. that I have Erythema Nodosum. I had never heard of it before but it's caused by fighting off a random virus and your immune system goes into overdrive causing my symptoms. So thankful to know what it was and bloodwork was all normal for everything else from cancer to arthritus so I was VERY thankful for that!!! I do know that God has given me this as another reason that I can't be on my feet with kids....otherwise I would have been sucked back into my job by now. I know I made the right choice by quitting my job. Before I made the decision I was worried and nervous and once I made the decision all that fell away. I know God was telling me to falling him to another adventure, I was no longer needed at my job. It's so awesome to follow him!!!"

The uncertainty that lies beyond your current situation can be frightening, but when we embrace it and move forward one step at a time, with Jesus Christ at our side, we will find a bright future lies in store.


Keep shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment